Purpose of the procedure:
The procedure is in implementation of the education policy of the Ministry of Education and Science and is financed under Component 1 “Education and Skills”, Investment 1 (C1.I1) “Centers for STEM and Innovation in Education” of the National Plan for Recovery and sustainability of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The main objective of the procedure is to provide the physical environment and the technical equipment and furnishing of STEM spaces in school education with a view to creating an integrated learning environment of a new generation that will encourage and support educational innovations in learning and teaching in the field of STEM and increase students’ interest in science and scientific research.
Within the framework of the procedure, the construction of STEM centers and high-tech equipped and connected classrooms (HECCs) in schools will be supported through the supply of equipment/furnishings/software and construction and assembly works with the aim of delineating new learning spaces of a modern nature and transforming existing traditional learning spaces and common spaces/areas to create a new architectural educational environment.
Total budget: BGN 534,335,450 including VAT
First deadline (schools in category up to 200 students) – August 21, 2023
Second deadline (schools in category from 201 to 400 students) – September 19, 2023
Third deadline (schools in category of 401 and more students) – October 19, 2023
State and municipal schools and centers for special educational support on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria according to Order No. RD09-853/18.04.2023 of the Minister of Education and Science and List of specific final recipients and maximum amount of funding.
1) Activities to build a STEM center and HECCs at school;
2) Organization and management activities;
3) Information, communication and publicity activities.
1) Costs for construction works for the STEM center
- Costs for preparation of a working/technical design and author’s supervision or engineering (design, together with author’s supervision and construction);
- Costs for the procurement of necessary coordinating and permitting documents required by national legislation, including the related fees payable to the relevant competent authorities;
- Costs for evaluating the compliance of the projects, according to Art. 142, para. 4 and Art. 169 of the Territorial Planning Law;
- Costs for construction and assembly works;
- Costs for construction supervision according to Art. 168, para. 2 of the Territorial Planning Law;
- Costs for services related to the implementation of the planned activities for construction works – engineering and technical studies, etc.
- Costs for putting the facility into operation/permitting the use of the construction.
IMPORTANT! When engineering is awarded, unforeseen costs for construction works are not financed under this procedure. When awarding construction works based on an approved technical project, it is permissible to include up to 10% of unforeseen construction works costs within the total cost of the construction works.
2) Cost for tangible assets for the STEM center
- STEM equipment costs without additional specialized STEM equipment;
- Costs for additional specialized STEM equipment;
- STEM furnishing costs;
- Costs of equipment for HECCs
3) Expenditure on intangible assets
- STEM software costs;
- Software costs for
1) Costs for organization and management (incl. for information, communication and publicity)
Amount of eligible expenses:
- STEM expenditure: up to the amount specified for the relevant school in the List of specific final recipients and maximum amount of funding:
- Costs for STEM and furniture for STEM: up to 45% of the planned costs for STEM;
- STEM equipment costs: a minimum of 45% of the planned STEM costs including the purchase of a set/s of equipment and software for its/their operation;
- Costs for additional specialized STEM equipment: up to 20% of planned STEM equipment costs;
- Costs for STEM software: up to 10% of the planned STEM funds (These funds include the purchase of stand-alone software beyond that required for the operation of the equipment).
- Expenditures for HECCs: up to the amount indicated for the respective school in the List of specific final recipients and maximum amount of funding;
- Costs for software for HECCs: up to 10% of the planned funds for HECCs (Within these funds, the purchase of independent software, other than that necessary for the functioning of the equipment, is included).
- Costs for the organization and management of the proposal: exactly 1% of direct costs (exactly 1% of STEM and HECCs funds).
Amount of the grant:
- Maximum amount of the grant for each project proposal: according to List of specific final recipients and maximum amount of funding
Maximum duration of the projects: up to 35 months, but no later than 31.05.2026.
IMPORTANT! No later than 2 months before the expiration of the relevant deadline for submitting proposals for the implementation of investments, each applicant should prepare and submit for approval to the National STEM Center at the Ministry of Education and Science a Concept for building a school STEM environment.
For more information about the required documents, and assistance for applying under this procedure, please contact our team of professionals through our contact form: https://tetra-solutions.eu/en/contact/ or by phone +359 898 573 914.
Call us today to help you turn your ideas into reality tomorrow!