European Social Fund +
The European Social Fund Plus (ESF+) is the EU’s main instrument for investing in people. With a budget of almost € 99.3 billion for the period 2021-2027, the ESF+ aims to provide an important contribution to the EU’s employment, social, education and skills policies, including structural reforms in these areas.
ESF+ funding focuses on the following objectives:
Objective 1: Social inclusion
- Active inclusion
- Socio-economic integration of third-country nationals
- Socio-economic integration of marginalised communities, such as Roma people
- Equal access to quality services and modernising social protection systems
- Social integration of people at risk of poverty and social exclusion
- Addressing material deprivation
Objective 2: Education and skills
- Better education and training systems at all levels
- Equal access to quality education and training
- Upskilling, reskilling and lifelong learning for all
Objective 3: Employment
- Access to quality employment for all, including youth employment
- Modernising labour market institutions and services
- Gender-balanced labour market participation
- Adaptation of workers, enterprises and entrepreneurs to change
The Fund is also one of the cornerstones of EU socio-economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. The pandemic has reversed gains in labour participation, challenged educational and health systems and increased inequalities. The ESF+ is one of the key EU instruments helping Member States to address these challenges.
For more information on the open and upcoming calls for proposals, please contact Tetra Solutions’ team.